This is my first blog post with Octopress.
As an introduction let me present myself : my name is Philippe DAGHER - I am a Data Scientist at Metis, an immersive data science program. Rather then focusing on a single type of problem, I have experience in and enjoy a wide range of machine learning and data mangling problems.
Prior to becoming a Data Scientist, I was a management professional and a multidisciplinary engineer with 19 years of extensive experience in managing complex projects and transitions, supply chain / industrial / IT operations, business startup, development as well as acquisition – in France, Russia, Japan, Eastern Europe, Korea, USA and Lebanon.
Below is my full resume; you can also visit my LinkedIn profile.
USA +16173098778 - FR +33606627324
Metis New Economy Skills Training, New York / USA
11 / 2014 – Present : Data scientist
Metis is an immersive, 12 week Data Science bootcamp in New York City. The course instructors & curriculum architects, Datascope Analytics, have created a program that includes full-time, in-person instruction of concepts such as Python, Git, Machine Learning, NoSQL databases, and Data Visualization (D3.js). I am learning these concepts while building 5 individual and/or group “real world” Data Science projects.
Renault, Yanmar, DCNS, PSA, etc. (transition management), France & Russia
05 / 2009 - 10 / 2014, Director of Complex or International Projects
Purchasing Director: setting up from A to Z a Procurement department
in the French subsidiary of Yanmar - an industrial Japanese group
building excavators for the European market.
Automotive Project Director: leading the industrialization of a Korean vehicle in the Russian plant of Renault - a French car manufacturer (based in France and Russia).
Supply Chain Management: enhanced the logistics flows of a major maintenance contract in the Marine Defense Industry (DCNS, France).
Automotive Suppliers Developpement in Russia (Avtovaz supplier network to reach Renault’s requirements).
Small Business Acquisition in France - from the Letter of Intent to the Preclosure Meeting (audited target: 100-employee engineering services company).
RENAULT, Paris / France
05 / 2003 - 11 / 2009, Project Purchasing Manager
Managed 3 sections within the Renault-Nissan-Purchasing-Organization:
- Upstream Purchasing of Automotive Parts: in charge of investigating new suppliers for automotive parts, in cost effective markets such as Russia, Tunisia, Bulgaria, Slovakia and Saudi Arabia. Selected and appointed suppliers in areas as diverse as casting, forging, plastic injection, wiring, etc.
- Information Services Purchasing: supervised the IS Purchasing progress plan of the outsourcing contract with ATOS ORIGIN (software development, budget € 80 M). Negotiated the renewal of the SAP contract (20 M €) and restructured the panel of service providers in the HRIS area.
- Headed the B2B Information Systems: construction and deployment of the Renault Supplier Portal.
PHOENICIA VALLEY, Paris / France
05 / 2000 - 04 / 2003, Start-up Founder
Established a Web Agency specialized in B2B marketplaces (php/mysql
Managed all aspects of company’s operations as well as handled financing/fund raising; bagged the initial 5 contracts.
PROCTER & GAMBLE, Cincinnati / USA
07 / 1998 - 04 / 2000, Internet Project Manager
Internet Consultant for the Fabric & Home Care Brand Managers, animating Interactive Marketing and Direct to Consumer initiatives in the North American market.
SUN MICROSYSTEMS, Middle East & Africa
09 / 1994 - 08 / 1997, Systems / Sales Engineer
Installation and administration of Unix workstations, IP networks,
Tendering for the first Internet Service Providers; marketing and selling Intranet and Extranet turnkey infrastructures to Government and Education (expertise, architecture, negotiation).
ÉCOLE DES PONTS BUSINESS SCHOOL, Paris / France
1998, MBA in International Business
- Information Management
- Focus : How Internet is changing the Business Models
ECOLE CENTRALE DE LILLE, Lille / France
1994, Graduate Engineer
- Manufacturing, Automation & Computer Science
- Focus : Neural Networks ; Algorithmics for Logistics optimisation ; C / C++ / Machine Code Programming
English, French, Arabic : native
Russian : basic